Friday, March 28, 2014

The Sturdiest Tree

Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before.  ~ Elizabeth Edwards

My life was my life; I would have to stare it down, somehow, and make it work for me.  ~ Paula McLain

Bless are the hearts that can bend, for they can never be broken.  ~ Albert Camus

I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it.  ~ Maya Angelou

Sometimes resilience arrives in the moment you discover your own unshakeable goodness.  ~ Gregory Boyle

The greatest glory in living
lies not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall.  ~ Nelson Mandela

The sturdiest tree is not found in the shelter of the forest but high upon some rocky crag, where its daily battle with the elements shapes it into a thing of beauty.  ~ unknown

Quotes about resilience